Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tee Ball, Maybe.

Ella had her first Tee Ball practice today and this
is really the first time she had ever done a sport or activity.
We asked her if she wanted to join dance. "No, I don't want
people to watch me dance." I figured we would get a similar response
when I asked her about tee ball, but she was excited and had been 
practicing in the yard since we told her about it.
Well, slightly different story today. I woke her up this morning
and told her she had her first practice today, She told me " Mom, I changed my mind.
I really just wanted you to buy me a new bat and tee. I don't really want to play."
Oh no, don't think so. So I finally convinced her that the only way
to keep her new tee ball gear was to actually play, and that she would love 
it once she started. I am not one to force kids into activities, but once you sign
up I feel she should follow through. After 10 minutes of convincing, a few tears,
and one Momma almost throwing in the towel, she decided to join
the rest of her new teammates one the field. She actually hit really well,
and I even caught a few smiles when she thought I wasn't looking.

No comments: