Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Tattoo Trip 6.16.12

So Taylor was itching to get her first tattoo and asked if I would take her.
Well, of course I was needing to get Ryder's name since it was a year overdue.
So I jokingly mentioned to her mother that I was going to take her darling
first born for a tattoo and was fully expecting a "the hell if you are".
To my surprise not only did Mindy not mind but she said "Only if I can
go and get one too" or something to that effect I don't remember as I was shocked. 
It turned into a whole family affair.
Taylor even got a hand hold from Dad and a thumbs up from Mom.
I actually thought it was a very lovely choice for her first tattoo.
Yay for no tramp stamps! Hehe.
We were there a long time, but we all waited patiently.
I think Brian and Jason's patience had something to do
with the very handy location of the liquor store next door
and a big comfy SUV to sit in.
Courtney got BELIEVE in Disney font with "pixie dust" around it.
Mindy honored both her Great Grandma Grove and her
Father-in-law Mike for her first tattoo. 
She chose the Calendula Marigold which is the flower for
October in which they were both born. How sweet and beautiful.
Sara chose to get the names of her boys on her wrists
and had them shaded in their eye colors. Really very cool!
And I FINALLY got around to getting Ryder's name.
I knew I wanted it to be small and in handwriting, so I took samples
from several family members and Ashley was the winner.
I ♥ it very much.
Strangely, the guy working at the front desk at the parlor was also
named Ryder, and the guy who was in line in front of us had his son Ryder's
name tattooed on his back.
After getting our ink we headed to Hooters for wings at
the request of Jason. I think this might have been the only reason he tagged along ;)
Then I was very tired so I asked Allie to drive us home. Allie and Taylor sat up front
and Courtney and I rode in the back while Taylor schooled us the whole way
home on current music and dance moves. I guess we are officially old now because I
couldn't stand most of it, but I haven't laughed that much in a very long time.
One great night.

1 comment:

Guatmama said...

Ha ha, I wrote that! LOL Loving all your bloggin!!!