Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

For all that she is and all that she does


My Mom is more giving of herself than anyone else that I have ever known,
and I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for all the endless love, attention,
and time that you give my kids. Thank you for always jumping in and helping
with whatever it may be without ever being asked. You could have had the
longest day tending to the needs of others, but would still give Ella and Ryder
just a little more Grandma C time if they asked. Or when my laundry is stacked
to the heavens and before I turn around it is done. (Sorry, I know how much dirty
laundry and not making my bed drives you crazy. I'm still a work in progress.)
I love how Ella starts asking for you if she hasn't seen you yet that day, and Ryder
screams as soon as he sees your car in the drive. I love how you are never afraid of
the mess that may result as long as it means smiles on their faces. I truly want to be more
like that and I am working on that one too. We haven't always gotten along perfectly and
we don't always agree, but the Lord knew I needed you as a mother to learn from.
On your good days and bad, when you felt like you were doing great and when you felt
like you were failing, He knew I needed you to guide and learn from. You are a saint
and a wonderful mother and grandmother. We love you!

1 comment:

Guatmama said...

Tears, Love this! So glad you can share your kids with your mom!